What are your primary recommendations for improving customer satisfaction through the call center?
This question is very broad and there are many ways to address it. Below are five basic principles on improving customer satisfaction in the call center. These should provide a good starting point.
1. Define the desired performance. Show your agents what an excellent performance looks like and set clear expectations.
2. Educate, educate, educate. Make sure your employees understand the business from the customer's perspective. Help agents understand the consequences of their performance on the customer's satisfaction level.
3. Create a culture of excellence. Put significant emphasis on recognizing and rewarding top performers and people who go above and beyond. Make it clear to everyone that you run an "excellence or nothing" operation.
4. Remember the customer. Use technology to minimize the customers needing to repeat who they are and what their problem is.
5. Personalize. In everything you do, make sure the customer feels like he or she is the only one that matters. Use the customer's name, refer to personal information and congratulate a customer on his or her birthday. Make them feel at home.
Related Q&A from Lior Arussy
Find out the best way to use a customer segmentation strategy to design a retention model that allows you to hold onto current customers and provide ...continue reading
Read about how to make a more customer-centered and innovative workplace organizational culture, with tips on collaboration, education and the voice ...continue reading
Learn customer experience metrics, including how to track and measure the impact a website redesign may have on the online customer experience, in ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.