I just published an in-depth study on CRM Software as a Service (SaaS) best practices called,
Best Practices: The Smart Way To Implement CRM SaaS Solutions
. It summarizes over 20 best practices, nearly 30 pitfalls to avoid, and includes three in-depth case studies.
Here is the summary of SaaS CRM implementation best practices.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
|Best practice strategies
||Best practice tactics
|Build the right business case.
- Dig deep to understand total costs.
- Weigh the benefits.
- Understand how flexibility is increased or diminished.
- Spotlight risks.
|Negotiate the right contract.
- Strive for a price lock-in at renewal time.
- Clarify the impacts of scaling users up or down.
- Understand the fees for getting your data back at the end of the contract.
- Protect yourself from being abandoned by the vendor.
|Follow the right implementation approach.
- Define your objectives.
- Build a team.
- Define the timeline.
- Define the scope and prioritize initiatives.
- Configure the solution for user relevance.
|Adopt the right data security procedures.
- Require data protection guarantees and compliance with industry standards.
- Clearly define role and access rights.
- Define vendor data integration, conversion and exit blueprints.
|Establish the right support structure.
- Decide how SaaS will be managed in your organization.
- Designate support staff.
- Provide help desk and training support.
- Establish data backup procedures.
- Understand upgrade schedules and procedures.
- Tune the solution on a regular basis.
Dig Deeper on SaaS CRM and CRM on demand implementation
Many organizations are concerned about CRM cloud security. How much can you trust the cloud and what are the benefits?continue reading
Plan to reward customers for social network activity and consider “lifestyle” rewards instead of just discounts -- a cooking lesson, maybe?continue reading
What’s the best way to present your case for a Siebel CRM upgrade? Expert William Band breaks down the process behind an application upgrade for ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.