1. A direct upgrade is supported from CRM 3.0, CRM 3.1 and CRM 4.0 to CRM 5.0.
2. Follow the SAP upgrade roadmap from your current version to CRM 5.0. SAP provides a detailed roadmap with technical and functional upgrade details.
3. If you are using a CRM 4.0 Service Industry Add-on, the retrofit is handled automatically.
4. IPC is no longer a separate installation but it is part of the SAP Application Platform (AP).
5. All e-commerce functionalities are bundled in Java CRM (JCRM).
6. The shop management is no longer in XML.
7. NetWeaver-based search and classification functionality is available.
8. The IC Webclient profiles are no longer XML based. SAP provided a smooth upgrade to ABAP-based configuration tables. Any customizations done in XML have to be reconfigured. Only those profiles which are assigned to an IC Webclient profile are upgraded.
9. Several new functionalities are available in SAP CRM 5.0.
10. Read all upgrade-related notes and documentation carefully when starting the process.
11. Have a plan and strategy based on your data volume, CRM applications and estimated affordable production downtime.
12. Archive data that is not operationally required in the system before starting the upgrade.
13. Check the hardware compatibility before starting the upgrade.
14. Read the SAP OSS notes that were created to solve the upgrade issues for customers who went through a similar upgrade.
Dig Deeper on Upgrading CRM software
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.