In your opinion, what are the basic needs of today's customers? What are customers looking for in customer ser...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
When it comes to customer service, customers are seeking several things. Customers who are calling a call center with a problem have six basic needs:
- Agents who can make decisions – Customers want to talk to an empowered call center agent who has the authority to help solve their problems.
- Knowledgable agents – Customers want call center agents to be prepared with information so the customer doesn't need to provide it repeatedly.
- First call resolution – Customers want their problems resolved as quickly as possible.
- Respect – Customers want to be treated with respect and do not want to be taken for granted.
- Empathy – Customers want to talk to a kind and understanding human being.
Fair resolution – Customers want the resolution to be fair; not arbitrary or one-sided.
Anything beyond this is great, but these are the main principles.
Dig Deeper on Call center manager
Related Q&A from Lior Arussy
Find out the best way to use a customer segmentation strategy to design a retention model that allows you to hold onto current customers and provide ...continue reading
Read about how to make a more customer-centered and innovative workplace organizational culture, with tips on collaboration, education and the voice ...continue reading
Learn customer experience metrics, including how to track and measure the impact a website redesign may have on the online customer experience, in ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.