This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
4. - Project prioritization terms to review: Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Don't sacrifice IT project timelines with your virtual teams
- 2. - Videos for better project prioritization
- 3. - Project management for improving mobile app turnaround time
Project planning is a discipline for stating how to complete a project within a certain timeframe, usually with defined stages, and with designated resources. One view of project planning divides the activity into:
- Setting objectives (these should be measurable)
- Identifying deliverables
- Planning the schedule
- Making supporting plans
Supporting plans may include those related to: human resources, communication methods, and risk management.
Computer hardware and software project planning within an enterprise is often done using a project planning guide that describes the process that the enterprise feels has been successful in the past.