Mobile CRM and sales force technology has long been a perk that many companies can't afford
or don't think is necessary. But mobile capabilities in CRM and sales force automation (SFA)
systems are becoming more common, cheaper and easier to use. With the prevalence of BlackBerrys and
wireless networks, even small and midmarket companies can justify mobile CRM costs. This collection
of top headlines will get you up to date on what's hot in the mobile market, and what you can
expect when buying mobile CRM or sales force software.
|Top mobile CRM headlines|
2. Anatomy of a CRM project: Replacing Siebel with SAP: Dow Corning, a Michigan-based silicon manufacturer, made the switch from Siebel to SAP CRM to better fit with its long-term technology roadmap. For mobile sales users, Dow Corning established a simplified system of qualifying leads.
3. Mobile CRM sees midmarket momentum: A series of software releases, partnerships and acquisitions is bringing mobile CRM technology to a wider range of organizations. Mobile CRM's momentum has extended to the midmarket. Many early mobile CRM efforts have focused on sales, but marketing is taking advantage too.
4. CRM SaaS vendors moving to mobile: On-demand CRM vendors are extending their functionality into mobile applications. That can be a good fit for some, though others who want more complex database access may require a mobile technology platform provider. According to research from the Yankee Group, more than 40% of mobile CRM users said they were interested in having a service provider manage their applications.
5. Dell takes marketing mobile: A campaign targeting college students via text messages has paid big dividends for Dell, one of the national advertisers participating in multi-school, permission-based text messaging promotions hosted by Mobile Campus. They received a nearly 30% response rate in a test promotion.
- Looking for more detailed information on SFA technology? Our Sales Force
Automation Learning Guide provides tips on all aspects of SFA software and sales
- Take our mobile
CRM vendors quiz to find out how much you know about the mobile CRM and SFA market.