Creating Customer Value, Building the trust of customers with Don Peppers, December 2008.
There are many methods for building the trust of customers, but which work the best? In this installment of our Creating Customer Value podcast series, Don Peppers discusses the effectiveness of customer testimonials and word of mouth. He provides tips for new companies looking to build the confidence and trust of new customers.
- Visit the Creating Customer Value podcast archive.
|Building the trust of customers with Don Peppers|
Download for later:
Building the trust of customers with Don Peppers
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Recognized for over a decade as a world-renowned expert, entrepreneur and thought leader on customer-focused relationship management strategies for business, Don Peppers is an acclaimed author, influential speaker and a founding partner of the customer-centered management consulting firm, Peppers & Rogers Group.
Fast forward to questions that interest you most.
- 00:25 What are some strategies we can use for building our customer's trust in our product? I've heard that customer testimonials are effective; do you agree? Do you have any additional suggestions?
- 05:42 As a new consultancy, what can we do to build customer confidence in our services, with no previous customers to vouch for us?
- 08:35 My company is looking to make some major changes to our product that we feel will open us up to a wider customer base, however, we are concerned with alienating our current, loyal customer base. What can we do to retain the trust of our current customers during this transition?
Related resources on customer trust
- Read Peppers and Rogers' latest book, Rules to Break & Laws to Follow.
- Find out if you should change your customer loyalty strategy during a recession in order to build customer trust.
- Ask your own customer trust questions of Peppers and Rogers to be answered on an upcoming podcast.
- If you prefer to read rather than hear Peppers and Rogers' answers, visit SearchCRM.com's Ask the Expert pages:
This was first published in December 2008