Should every call center be benchmarking and what benchmarks should they be using? How often do best-in-class call centers run benchmark programs? How can call center managers know which centers to measure themselves against?
Looking for answers to questions like these, SearchCRM.com turned to Eric Zbikowski, a co-founder and Managing Partner at MetricNet, LLC – a provider of performance metrics, benchmarks, performance reports, and scorecards for corporations worldwide. We caught up with him at the International Contact Centre Management (ICCM) conference in Toronto recently, to get his tips and best practices for call center benchmarking.
In this 9-minute podcast, listeners will learn:
- 01:32 What's your advice to organizations looking to get started with call center benchmarking?
- 03:35 Where can managers get information from call centers of similar size or industry to develop a "peer group" to benchmark against?
- 05:20 Once call center managers obtain benchmarking information and understand the difference between their call center and best-in-class call centers, how can they go about closing that gap?
Call center benchmarking best practicesPlay now:
Download for later:
Call center benchmarking best practices
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Related resources on call center benchmarking
- Hear another podcast with Eric Zbikowski on how measuring call center key performance indicators (KPIs) can help improve call center quality and lower call center costs.
- Read a column by call center expert Lori Bocklund on call center benchmarks and best practices.
- Visit SearchCRM.com's Call Center Metrics School to find out about the top 10 metrics every center should be tracking.
- Ask a call center metrics question of Lori Bocklund.
Eric Zbikowski is a co-founder and Managing Partner at MetricNet, LLC – the premier provider of performance metrics, benchmarks, performance reports, and scorecards for corporations worldwide. There, he oversees all of worldwide sales, marketing and operations, and assists in the direction of MetricNet's global enterprise. Mr. Zbikowski is a knowledgeable leader with nearly 15 years experience in operational management, customer service and performance benchmarking. Previously, he was The Director of Operations, Worldwide Sales and Services at MicroStrategy - a leading enterprise software company. There, he ran worldwide sales operations and assisted in the execution of an overall sales strategy. Prior to that, he was Director of Sales and Marketing at The Corporate Executive Board -- a global research firm focusing on corporate strategy for senior executives. Previously, he was a Vice President of Consulting at META Group -- a leading information technology research and advisory services firm, where he helped create and launch META Group's Call Center Benchmark for Energy Utilities and fulfilled numerous help desk, call center and customer satisfaction engagements for Fortune 2000 companies. Prior to joining META Group, Mr. Zbikowski worked at The Bentley Group, A TSC Company, where he managed and directed the Information Services Division, focusing primarily on customer satisfaction, competitive analysis and performance benchmarking. Mr. Zbikowski also spent 3 1/2 years at Gartner Group, where he was well-published in performance benchmarking. There, he served as a regular speaker at conference seminars and co-created/launched a quality-management, customer-satisfaction benchmarking service used by CIO's of Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Zbikowski is also extensively involved in the community and is Co-Founder and Vice Chairman of The Board and Chairman of The Development Committee at The Computer Corner, a nonprofit community technology center in Washington DC. The Computer Corner continues to be rated "one of the finest small charities Greater Washington has to offer" by The Catalogue for Philanthropy. Mr. Zbikowski graduated cum laude in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, with a dual concentration in entrepreneurial management and marketing.