Call center outsourcing has evolved with technology over the years, but it may not be the right choice for your...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
organization. In a recent call center outsourcing face-off on SearchCRM.com, expert Lori Bocklund said that call center outsourcing can help companies save money and provide better service, while expert Richard Snow argued that customers are a company's best asset and should be protected in-house. Test yourself with this call center quiz and learn more about outsourcing terms and practices to make an informed decision. After you're done, visit our call center outsourcing topic center for the latest news and advice.
Take the quiz:
1. This outsourcing term was created to describe the practice of contracting with people in neighboring countries rather than distant ones.
2. This is an area where a business has specific strength -- they might outsource non-essential areas of business, so they can concentrate resources here instead.
3. This is the practice of contracting out specific business tasks -- categorized as either front office or back office -- to a service provider.
4. Sometimes used as a general gauge of management efficiency, this is a financial term for the profit or cost saving realized as the result of a specific use of money.
5. Customer service agents working for one of these might be working anywhere in the world, rather than from their employer's location.
6. This is an automated program that tries to provide the same service as a customer service representative does for an organization.
7. This type of outsourcing company provides storage space and related management duties, such as backup and archiving, for other companies.
8. Through IP and the public telecom system, this type of network extends a company's intranet to suppliers, vendors, partners, customers or other businesses.
9. By including both direct and indirect costs, as well as quantifiable benefits, this calculation can help create a realistic projection of the actual cost for a purchase.
10. Sometimes called "apps-on-tap," this type of solution provides access to applications and services that otherwise would have to be located on your own computers.
- Read two experts' opposing views in this call center outsourcing face-off
- Read a business case for outsourcing the call center