You've probably read about the benefits of customer self-service applications. For any organization, there's a clear potential to lower costs by enabling customers to help themselves through self service. End users are also seeing compelling reasons to use self service, such as convenience and self reliance. In order to truly be effective with self service, however, it is important to understand the technology. Get started with this...
quick quiz from SearchCRM.com.
How to take the quiz:
- Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer at the end of each question.
- NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
- To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on each answer's page.
Submit your Customer self service quiz score for a chance to win a copy of this month's featured text, mySAP CRM: The Official Guidebook to SAP CRM 4.0.
Take the quiz:
1. True or False? Customer service and support (CSS) is the part of a company's customer relationship management (CRM) department that interacts with a customer for their immediate benefit, including components such as the contact center, the help desk, and the call management system.
2. How much is a typical customer service call?
a. Less than $.50
b. $.50 -- $1.00
c. $1.00 -- $3.00
d. More than $3.00
3. True or False? A Web self-service session costs less than $.20.
4. Which of these industries is exploring self-service opportunities?
a. Multi-channel retail and banking
b. eGovernment (portals, online registration and renewals, e-filing)
c. Healthcare benefits/enrollment
d. Travel reservations/check-in
e. All of the above
5. Which of the following is not an example of an inquiry a customer can make with a self-service system?
a. Informative inquiries -- customers retrieve information themselves
b. Administrative inquiries -- customers have a part in the process, company finishes the process
c. Interactive inquiries -- customers interact with live agents
d. Home-based inquiries – customers can request that an agent come to their home
6. True or False? According to some experts, one of the reasons customers avoid using self-service environments is that they are challenging to use and lack timely and effective user feedback.
7. True or False? According to AMR Research, Web self-service technology was expected to be the most frequently implemented application in 2005, with 34% of the firms surveyed citing plans for self-service.
8. True or False? According to research by the Allen Bonde Group, the market for self-service application software is close to $.5 billion.
9. What is the challenge most commonly associated with self-service technology?
b. Measuring effectiveness
c. Finding a local accent for use with an IVR system
d. User adoption
10. Which of the following is considered a leader in the self-service market?
a. RightNow Technologies Inc.
b. Knova Software Inc.
c. A and B