Whether you're new to customer service and call centers or an experienced customer service representative, call...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
center agent or manager, this quiz will test your general knowledge of customer service and call centers.
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the customer service and call centers quiz answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. In a call center, this is a line of people waiting to be handled, usually in sequential order starting at the beginning or top of the line or sequence.
a. feed line
b. first-order logic
c. grumble line
2. This is an information industry term for methodologies, software, and usually Internet capabilities that help an enterprise handle customers in an organized way.
3. This is a central point in an enterprise from which customer service interactions are managed via phone, fax, email and other channels.
a. data center
b. contact center
c. network operations center
d. Information Technology Information Sharing and Analysis Center
4. This is a scoring process used to help a company determine which customers the company should target in order to maximize profit.
a. customer valuation
b. spend management
c. mean opinion score
d. business impact analysis
5. This is a software-enabled technique that allows a call center representative to interact with a customer by taking over the customer's computer to show them something.
a. remote wakeup
b. collaborative browsing
c. Remote Method Invocation
d. show control
6. This is the ability of a machine or program to recognize and carry out voice commands or take dictation from customers, often resulting in call center cost savings.
a. brain-machine interface
b. collaborative robot
c. smart matter
d. speech recognition
7. This is what you call it when an organization's customer service representatives are geographically dispersed.
a. geographic information system
b. Remote Procedure Call
c. virtual call center
d. Direct Inward Dialing
8. This is a form of electronic support, allowing customers to access information and perform routine tasks over the Internet, without requiring any interaction with a customer service representative of an enterprise.
a. Web self-service
b. remote-control software
c. self-scanning checkout
9. This is properly addressing the customer's need the first time they call, thereby eliminating the need for the customer to follow up with a second call.
b. first call resolution
c. automatic repeat request
d. Quality of Service
10. This is a term used to describe the progression of steps a customer goes through when considering, purchasing, using, and maintaining loyalty to a product or service.
a. thought recognition
b. total cost of ownership
c. decision support system
d. customer lifecycle