Employee self service is an up-and-coming technology that is changing the workplace. Companies are using self service...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
for employee vacation requests and updates to personal information, as well as to help employees help customers more quickly. The benefits of employee self service may include quicker resolution of issues and reduced need for company employees to spend time on administrative jobs. Uses for employee self service are as varied as your imagination. Start with this quiz to find out what you know and what you need to know about employee self service to help optimize your call center.
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
1. True or false? Employee self service is part of a human resources management trend that shifts routine tasks to individual employees.
2. True or false? Employee self-service applications are the same as human resources management software.
3. An employee self-service application may be available through which venue:
d) All of the above
4. True or false? Employee self-service applications are only available as components of larger applications like enterprise resource planning (ERP) products.
5. ______ is the term for a company's efforts to consciously gather, organize and share information internally.
a) Employee database
b) Knowledge management
c) Data mining
d) Employee data integration
6. True or false? Implementing a knowledge management or self-service system will always require hiring more employees.
7. This type of employee self service search tool allows users to enter a problem using a natural language, then work through a troubleshooting session which narrows the problem with follow-up questions.
a) Interactive voice response (IVR)
b) Workforce management
c) Knowledge base search
d) Case-based reasoning (CBR)
8. True or false? Call center agents who use an employee self-service system must set aside time each week to add new information into the knowledge base.
9. Which of the following metrics is least important to measure after implementing a self-service tool for call center agents or help desk employees?
a) call avoidance
b) resolution rates
c) abandon rates
d) knowledge usage
10. Which of the following vendors does not sell an employee self-service application?
a) iClick Corporation
b) Oracle Corporation
c) Interlynx Technology