Software as a Service (SaaS) is a burgeoning technology in the CRM market, but what can it offer for the call center?
How much do you know about hosted CRM call center technology and vendors? Test yourself today to start optimizing your call center tomorrow. After you're done with the quiz, don't forget to visit our call center topics section for more resources on SaaS or hosted CRM. Enjoy!
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
* To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
1. True or False? Some experts predict that by the end of 2007, 20% to 30% of all new contact center seats will be hosted.
2. True or False? According to a recent CRM market survey, SaaS grew 60% in 2005, up from 105% growth the previous year.
3. True or False? According to some call center experts, hosted solutions have become almost as feature-rich as the leading premise-based contact center infrastructure environments.
4. Which of the following has been the biggest impediment to hosted call center market growth?
a) Poor functionality
b) Security concerns
c) High cost
d) All of the above
5. True or False? Customization has historically been an argument against on-demand applications because they were considered too difficult or incapable of adapting to specific business processes.
6. True or False? One of the biggest benefits of a hosted call center is the cost savings. No matter how long you use a hosted offering, you will still save money compared to the costs of an on-premise call center.
7. What are the benefits of a hosted call center for a small-to-medium sized business?
a) SMBs can avoid expensive startup costs
b) SMBs benefit from expertise and support from the applications they implement
c) SMBs can often use top-of-the-line, functionally rich, competitive contact center solutions by renting their call centers on a month-to-month basis
d) All of the above
8. Which of the following is not a basic hosting option offered by hosted call center vendors?
a) Hosted network services call center model: The vendor provides both voice and data network services such as IVR, ACD/queuing and routing of calls to your location. You provide your own CRM application (or you outsource it).
b) Managed service provider call center model: The vendor provisions and operates your telecom and/or IT infrastructure for you on your behalf.
c) Software as a Service (SaaS) call center model: The vendor delivers a browser-based integrated CRM (telephony, email, fax, chat) application via the Internet. Typically paid on a per-rep, per-month basis.
d) Hosted trial model: Vendor offers to allow the customer to try a hosted call center offering for a period of time to see if it meets the customer's needs.
9. Which top CRM vendor announced in July that it will go live with its on-demand CRM product in second quarter 2007?
10. Which top CRM vendor coined the term "hybrid deployment?"
d) None of the above