Utilizing remote call center agents makes it possible for call centers to attract high-performing agents from a...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
wider geographical range and allows staffing flexibility. At the same time, remote call center agent management comes with its own set of challenges and best practices. Take this quiz to find out how much you know about managing remote call center agents.
To get the answer and learn more, open the answer page link that follows each question.
1. True or false? Call center management costs often rise when a center uses remote agents.
Read answer #1
2. When deciding whether to use remote call center agents, which of the following is not usually a primary business driver?
a. High staff turnover (a 25% annual attrition rate, for example)
b. A desire for a lower average handle time (AHT)
c. Seasonal demands that require scaling staff up and down
d. A need for agents with specialized expertise
Read answer #2
3. True or false? A company trying to save on call center costs will find that using remote call center agents is a consistently good way to save money.
Read answer #3
4. Which of these criteria does not describe a typical remote call center agent?
a. Likely to remain with the company for a shorter time than an on-site agent
b. 25% more productive than on-site call center employees
c. More highly qualified than an in-house agent might be
d. Usually older than on-site agents, with an average age of 30 to 48
Read answer #4
5. True or false? Remote call center agents are always hired as contract workers.
Read answer #5
6. True or false? Using remote call center agents can improve adherence, a commonly measured call center metric.
Read answer #6
7. Some of the downsides of remote call center agents do not include:
a. Increased security risk
b. More complicated support and training
c. Lower-performing agents
d. Lack of control over agents
Read answer #7
8. This type of system allows employees to access a company's network remotely and securely.
a. Private infrastructure
b. Integrated systems channel
c. Wireless network
d. Virtual private network (VPN)
Read answer #8
9. True or false? A special Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone for use with a remote call center agent's VoIP system looks exactly like a traditional telephone.
Read answer #9
10. True or false? Remote call center agents are generally paid 5-15% lower than in-house agents.
Read answer #10