VoIP is the technology of choice for some call centers. The question is, can VoIP optimize call center performance...
in your organization? How much do you really know about VoIP technology, news and vendors? Test yourself in this quick quiz from SearchCRM.com. Enjoy!
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
* To learn more about a topic and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
Submit your score for a chance to win a copy of this month's featured text, Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0!
More on VoIP for the call center
Visit the VoIP call center topic section of SearchCRM.com for the latest news, expert advice and resources. Get an introduction to VoIP and find information on products and vendors for using IP telephony in the call center.
1. According to a 2006 study by VoIP vendor Interactive Intelligence, what is the most important factor driving adoption of VoIP in the call center?
a) To reduce commute time for agents
b) To reduce agent churn rate
c) To improve customer service
d) To allow call center managers to put less emphasis on a disaster recovery plan.
2. According to many experts, this should be the first step in a VoIP project.
a) Determine how the system will be managed
b) Outline a comprehensive business plan
c) Determine how VoIP will interface with other network components, such as voice mail or an existing customer relationship management (CRM) system
d) Decide if the customer service system will include a Web-based component, or only voice.
3. True or False? There are no strategic reasons to implement VoIP technology in a single site.
4. SIP, which some experts believe is a key consideration when selecting a VoIP vendor for the call center, stands for:
a) Secure Internet Program
b) Strictly Internal Phone
c) Session Initiation Protocol
d) Speech Imitation Program
5. True or False? One reason to adopt VoIP in the call center is to avoid having to rely on an outsourcer during a disaster.
6. True or False? Enterprise-sized businesses are more likely to adopt VoIP in the call center than small-to-medium sized businesses.
7. Many firms have been slow to adopt VoIP because:
a) Companies have been waiting for VoIP to prove its quality and reliability in the call center
b) Call centers are usually business-critical operations and cannot be shut down for a complete overhaul of hardware and software
c) None of the above
d) All of the above
8. Of the following vendors, which was last to enter the VoIP market? (Hint: Its partner is Nortel)
9. True or false? According to analyst firm The Yankee Group, the VoIP market, including hardware devices such as IP phones and IP PBXs, has currently reached just $8 billion.
10. True or False? IP-based systems are considered more expensive, but more flexible than time-division multiplexing (TDM)-based systems throughout the lifecycle of the contact center.