How do you recommend drawing attention to the customer experience during a training program for new call center...
agents? I am trying to start new agents off on the right foot. This is an excellent question. Most call center training programs focus on skills and procedures combined with basic customer service skills. To deliver a good customer experience, I would add the following components to a training program:
1. The principles of customer experience
2. The concept of delivering memories and not just transactions
3. Ask yourself, who are the customers and how do they consume your products and services?
4. Ask yourself, what emotions and aspirations are associated with your products?
5. Ask yourself, what are the costs and margins associated with the products and services?
6. The basics of customer segmentations
7. The concept of differentiating between different customers based on different lifestyles
8. Learning how to deliver beyond customer expectations
This is a big wish list. The more you can include, the better. Please note that unlike traditional call center training, customer experience training tends to be more customized as it has to reflect your brand and unique relationships with customers.
Dig Deeper on Call center manager
Related Q&A from Lior Arussy
Find out the best way to use a customer segmentation strategy to design a retention model that allows you to hold onto current customers and provide ... Continue Reading
Read about how to make a more customer-centered and innovative workplace organizational culture, with tips on collaboration, education and the voice ... Continue Reading
Learn customer experience metrics, including how to track and measure the impact a website redesign may have on the online customer experience, in ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.