BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Project planning is a discipline for stating how to complete a project within a certain timeframe, usually with defined stages, and with designated resources. One view of project planning divides the activity into:
- Setting objectives (these should be measurable)
- Identifying deliverables
- Planning the schedule
- Making supporting plans
Supporting plans may include those related to: human resources, communication methods, and risk management.
Computer hardware and software project planning within an enterprise is often done using a project planning guide that describes the process that the enterprise feels has been successful in the past.
Continue Reading About project planning
- Top 5 Reasons to Use the Cloud for SAP Modernization –IBM
- Modernize business-critical workloads with intelligence –DellEMC
- See More
- A Computer Weekly buyer's guide to project management in the digital age –ComputerWeekly.com
- Managing IT projects for business change. Dealing with trouble. –ComputerWeekly.com